Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!
well after a few weeks of getting different things and actually being bothered to do it, ive finished installing my zd30 airbox for the snorkel which ill post in here soon too!!

i did have a nissan factory snorkel for the GQ and it was POS, ripped that sh|te off.
heres some pics

Before:

After:

and for temporary ive just dumped the pcv breather line into an empty coke can (till i get a catch can)

all up for in bonnet plumbing costed me $225. 195 for zd30 box and 30 for the 3"flexi which came with the hose clamps

the stainless steel i bought for the snorkel is 316, 1 45degree bend, 1 90degree, and 1 meter straight all 4" (102mm) $92 for bends, and $50 for the straight meter
bought 1.5m of 4" ID of flexi tube from clark rubber for $93 :confused:!

cant wait to get it all done!
i think already with the air coming directly from the wheel arch to the turbo and not piss farting bending around and heating up all around the engine bay, she seems a bit more responsive, especially when in overdrive.. before she sorta slugged ALOT! in overdrive but now i didnt have to shove my foot to the floor to stay at 80kmh on same hill!?

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nar it was funny i found that baby at autobarhn!
so much easier to maneuver aswell, memoryflex or something. extends to 900mm

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
took some patience and very concentrated time to grind down the zd30 airbox! i do that sort of stuff at work but when its your own $200 you could potentially **** up its different story!

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Bloody hole from Factory snorkel looks ****house when lined up
I have to cut and weld in another pipe to make it look half decent

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cut more of the guard out

sort of how the snorkel will fit in, will go further in but i need to chop the bend

put in the flexi hose, **** the 4" is a tight bloody fit. reccomend 3" for in the guard.. 4 is just too big to work with

more to come!!

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I finally finish it!! Haha
Well pretty much, needs another hose clamp and another bracket because it's quite wobbly

Mounted to the A pillar with nut-inserts and m6 screws
Went for the flexible hose in the end just simply because it is going to be just an absolute ***** of a job to cut then take off and weld again
So much effort went into the 90 degree bend where it goes into the guard

Here is some pictures!

Very happy with it I think it has that abnormal look to it, and gives it it's own style

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
hey mate, i noticed you said empty coke can, put some steel wool in there otherwise you may as well leave it connected to the air intake. the steel wool will catch the oil rather than letting it flow directly back out into the air intake.

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeh I was only catching the oil not going back to intake yet
Need to get a catch can still and plumb in a fitting for the return hose

·
Read Only
0 Posts
hi mate, the 3 inch flexi hose from your airbox to turbo, did you connect the hose directly to the turbo? if so have you had any issues with the heat affecting the hose at all at the turbo?

just put a zd30 box in my patrol and was thinking of going the same route with the flexy hose..

cheers

kyle

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes!
I have a couple times already lined the flexihose with tape to keep it's strength up until I find a better solution
Going to go for 3"stainless and a silicone pipe
The stainless will also give me a spot to plub the breather back in fr the catch can

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i had that flexy hose on my td42t and it would collaspe under heavy accleration. make sure you are aware of that. it was good quality pipe and i was running around 0.8bar.

·
Registered
nissan
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've tested to make sure it doesn't do that
Will be keeping an eye on it though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts