Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I'm buying up parts to do my own turbo install on my '93 Maverick.
I just bought a ZD30 airbox at a red hot price of $85 although not looking so red hot now as the lid won't fit.
The picture below shows the issue with the lid.... I'm assuming that i've been given a 4.2 airbox with zd30 lid or vice versa?
Should i just cut the mount of the airbox that is getting in the way or return it for a refund and wait to get a proper fitting one?
thanks guys,
Bexi

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
For the price you paid, keep it.
If you don't want it, I'll pay you what you paid.

Remove the mounting lug that's in the way.
If you have the ZD30 base, there are a couple of metal brackets rivited on that you have to remove anyway.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
If you want a good sealing airbox, get what you asked for.

·
Registered
nissan
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So are you saying that mine won't seal properly truckster?
The seal is extremely important to me for when i do my cape york trip in June.

I've been told that all bases are the same by another source. Apparently it's the lids that make all the difference and I do have a zd30 lid

·
Registered
nissan patrol
37 Posts
If your going to cut away the mounting flange material to fit a hose to the outlet would that give enough clearance? Thats how I mounted mine anyway.

·
Registered
nissan
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point!
I was unsure of what i was going to do as i thought it might be a good idea to make up a flange to match so i can keep the gauze??

·
Registered
782 Posts
You can go either way.
I believe there is a commercial adapter that either fits, or can fit with small mods to holes.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
37 Posts
Personally i don't see the point of the gauze especially, if i remember correctly, there's already some where the pipe comes out close to the filter. But a flange might make it a bit neater. Just depends if you wanna cut up the lid, good price you got it for too, i paid $250 for mine :/

·
Previously known as twodiffs
1991 GQ Safari.
3,684 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts