Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if there is any gain in removing that flyscreen in mesh thats in the airflow meter.
ive heard of people removing it in skyline airflow meters but dunno if its going to help the ol zd30

i bet i get a million people saying "leave it alone" but just curious:rolleyes:

·
Registered
nissan
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
As long as you make sure nothing gets through your air box, bugs, dirt etc. I took mine out but I have a fulled sealed snorkel and filter.
I came from a worked v8 where everylittle bit counts.

·
Registered
nissan
145 Posts
btw. A lot of meshes are not just meshes, they are air foils used to get a little bit of laminar flow in front of the MAF. The MAF will not read right if its calibrated for a certain Reynolds range (a number used to tell the characteristics of fluid flow through a profile)

damn things are sensitive anyway, and quite expensive. Its one of the few things in my car that im more careful with than my testicles.

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
btw. A lot of meshes are not just meshes, they are air foils used to get a little bit of laminar flow in front of the MAF. The MAF will not read right if its calibrated for a certain Reynolds range (a number used to tell the characteristics of fluid flow through a profile)
very true

1 - 6 of 6 Posts