Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, the ZD seems to have done a head gasket and after much debate, I have decided to do a TD4.2 conversion through Brunswick Diesels here in WA.

Not going to go into details in this thread but have a few questions re ZD mods on my vehicle.
1: Will the TC lock-up mod still work with the 4.2? The TC is getting modified for the extra torque the 4.2 puts out.
2: Do I need to keep the glow plug timer mod or does the 4.2 not have the same glow plug issues as the ZD?
3: ECUTalk. Does it work with the 4.2?

Potentially going to start another thread documenting the conversion even though I'm not doing any of the work.
Ben

·
Registered
nissan
5,155 Posts
If you’re keeping the ZD ECU + TCU combo to control the trans then your TC lockup will work as before.
Same for Ecutalk but with limited functionality. You won’t have RPM or fuel consumption or any of the ZD IP specific readouts.
You should still get engine temps, volts & TPS values if Brunswick don’t cut too many wires.

Cant answer for ZD glow mods. I had to add an aftermarket glow controler as mine was a TB45. My TD glows for 6 seconds before I start it then on/off each second for 5 seconds as an after glow function.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts