Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,894 Posts
Absolutely you can chech Alt that way but be careful not much room.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Was ac bearing and idler pulley changed the belt for good measure, my maf now voltage is all stuffed car runs with it unplugged , left is battery 3rd earth 2nd 5.4 , 1st is .025
Read your post on the correct volts
Is there any sort of relay that could be ? Boost sensor? Or just the cable shorting or moisture ect

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,894 Posts
Something wrong here, can you put up a pic of what your talking about, engine may well run with MAF unplugged but should not have any grunt when you drive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I’ve unplugged maf read volts ect
Then plugged back in probed the two far right I believe reading 3.0 at idle and 1.5 at 2500rpm I have a 14point chip , but other than that not too sure

·
Registered
21 Posts
Top mount inter cooler fan also running with ignition on doesn’t really over heat with fuze out ( haven’t pushed it over 5 psi
Pyro did start to edge 300 so I dropped back the speed all seemed fine just the poke isn’t there like it was before the fan started running constantly

If it helps a community member set my car up for touring I believe, he worked at “John deer” As mechanic )
??) not sure ,probably explains tractor battery as secondary.
Red 2000 gu zd30 , it’s been 2003 converted , Lightforce spotties arb scrubs bar , ridiculous uni uhf small red Antares in left tough dog fronts and rear wondering if it rings a bell?

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,268 Posts
So I’ve unplugged maf read volts ect
Then plugged back in probed the two far right I believe reading 3.0 at idle and 1.5 at 2500rpm I have a 14point chip , but other than that not too sure

Top mount inter cooler fan also running with ignition on doesn’t really over heat with fuze out ( haven’t pushed it over 5 psi
Pyro did start to edge 300 so I dropped back the speed all seemed fine just the poke isn’t there like it was before the fan started running constantly

If it helps a community member set my car up for touring I believe, he worked at “John deer” As mechanic )
??) not sure ,probably explains tractor battery as secondary.
Red 2000 gu zd30 , it’s been 2003 converted , Lightforce spotties arb scrubs bar , ridiculous uni uhf small red Antares in left tough dog fronts and rear wondering if it rings a bell?
I think here is your problem. MAF voltage should be higher at 2500 then idle. (Ie voltages are ass about) Disconnect the 14point7 And see what happens.
As well as this. This engine runs 15psi standard. It will cook itself if only at 5psi as well as have bugger all power.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Cars got 3 tunes 12 15 20 been on 15 since I had it one day I was just fiddling with it to see how to get it to 20 lol it’s only a basic sas valve
5psi is what I tried to keep the motor at like lugging it around trying not to spike the heat because the thermo fuse was out
Gathering from what you said you assumed I dropped the psi to 5 max at full throttle no max was 15

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,894 Posts
Could it be I’m reading them wrong? Could you confirm how to read the voltage ect
Go into the DI archives and look for How to Test all MAFs at home.
Oh Bugger it, here it is.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,894 Posts
There is lots of info locked up in the DI archives, not only about the DI so it is a one stop shop for many Patrol problems and info.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts