Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
nissan
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not in a position to go spending 600+ on a new exhaust, but wonder if anyone has tried a bigger dump without Cat and-or removal of main muffler box? I can't find one listed for sale that would bolt straight into standard system. Anyone know of one?? cheers.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
gday skamme, i have none some people who have precisely cut open their cat converters and removed all of the gunk/baffling inside then tig weld it back together.....

not sure why you would want a bigger dump then back to standard exhaust system??

my opinion, just spend the money mate. even if it takes that little bit longer to get

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
I Removed my cat and replaced it with a 2.5 inch hi flow (mandrel bent). By left the rest of the system standard just to see what would happen cause the dumps or only $110 buks and it made it easy to mount the EGT probe. I have no doubt the complete system will be better which i'll get around to eventually, but i was surprised the difference it made. Definatly abit more perky off the line. If you on a budget id say its not a bad mod.
Got mine from a place here in Perth and the rest of the 2.5 mandrel system is only 400 and bolts up to the dump so i'll just do that.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I Removed my cat and replaced it with a 2.5 inch hi flow (mandrel bent). By left the rest of the system standard just to see what would happen cause the dumps or only $110 buks and it made it easy to mount the EGT probe. I have no doubt the complete system will be better which i'll get around to eventually, but i was surprised the difference it made. Definatly abit more perky off the line. If you on a budget id say its not a bad mod.
Got mine from a place here in Perth and the rest of the 2.5 mandrel system is only 400 and bolts up to the dump so i'll just do that.

auggie where abouts in perth mate as I am looking at replacing my exhaust, yours sounds reasonably priced.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If you are in Brisbane, give Fat Pipes a call. He will do you a without a cat for around $500. 2 1/2 mandrel dump pipe with a 3' press the rest.

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Just gutting the Cat will noticeably improve performance. Removing it all together is better. Gutted it on my TD5 Disco and fitted a vortex muffler to replace factory one. Very noticable perfomance increase and better economy. Would be the same on any Diesel.

·
Registered
nissan
928 Posts
auggie where abouts in perth mate as I am looking at replacing my exhaust, yours sounds reasonably priced.
The systems come from mercury mufflers but im not certain if the sell direct to public. ring them up and ask i guess. There in canningvale.

2.5 inch mandrel bent system with hi flow dump (0ffroad version im using)

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Skamme

I have a 2.5" dump straight through no cat, has not made much diff if any, I think the other option is to replace that 1st big muffler as well with a 8" straight through muffler, thats my next thing to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts