Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
am new to the forum. i have just purchased a patrol zd 30 crd pickup new. Have been reading the net and all the problems and solutions of zd30 engines. I need advice on following
1.we use mostly 500ppm sulphur diesel when availabe , but in remote places have to do with 5000ppm. Sorry i stay in Zambia. I need to remove the dpf. if removed will the ecu read fault and proceed to limp mode? If so then are there dpf emularors or can one send ecu for remapping and deleting the same.We have no environmental issues.
2. The egr valve blocking on 2014 zd30 crd. will this also cause the ecu to read fault and limp mode or other issues.
3. The oil catch can provent 200 type. is this easy to install and do they come with all fittings and instructions and who are the recommended suppliers.
Do the zd30 crd 2007 onwards still have the engine blowing issues.
thanx

·
Registered
148 Posts
hi all
am new to the forum. i have just purchased a patrol zd 30 crd pickup new. Have been reading the net and all the problems and solutions of zd30 engines. I need advice on following
1.we use mostly 500ppm sulphur diesel when availabe , but in remote places have to do with 5000ppm. Sorry i stay in Zambia. I need to remove the dpf. if removed will the ecu read fault and proceed to limp mode? If so then are there dpf emularors or can one send ecu for remapping and deleting the same.We have no environmental issues.
2. The egr valve blocking on 2014 zd30 crd. will this also cause the ecu to read fault and limp mode or other issues.
3. The oil catch can provent 200 type. is this easy to install and do they come with all fittings and instructions and who are the recommended suppliers.
thanx
Hi DR ESSA;
I have a ZD30 Di and not a CRD, but as you haven’t got many responses, I will try to answer to your questions from what I have read, mainly, in this forum.
1. Nissan Patrol ZD30 CRD engine does not have Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF). As far as I know it is only Euro4 compliant and has never complied Euro 5, what mandatory requires DPF for Diesel engines.
2. Blocking the EGR will typically cause NO limp mode in CRD engines, but I have read a handful of issues regarding earliest CRD models (2007).
3. Can not help you with the catch can.
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
356 Posts
hi all
thanx
Blocking of the EGR will only cause the "check engine light" to illuminate at random times and you can go months without it happening then all of a sudden you get it everyday for a week!, but it does not cause limp mode however it would be good if you have something to clear the code. By drilling an 8mm hole in the plate you will stop the light illuminating but I personally think that this makes blocking it pointless.

Oil catch can - where you are I'm not sure where you would get them from however if you were going to order from Australia I would say Western Filters as they sell it in a complete kit with all the fittings - MANN ProVent 200 Crankcase Universal Installation Kit - www.westernfilters.net

As far as the DPF goes I originally thought they had one in the exhaust system but I was since told they don't but in any case I've replaced my exhaust system with no problems.

·
Registered
Nissan Urvan / Caravan
227 Posts
I thought 3.0 European spec models before they switched to the 2.5 did have a DPF.

We had a European poster on here recently who might be able to assist. Or if you advise the VIN details, someone on here with access to the Nissan database might be able to provide more information.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I thought 3.0 European spec models before they switched to the 2.5 did have a DPF.

We had a European poster on here recently who might be able to assist. Or if you advise the VIN details, someone on here with access to the Nissan database might be able to provide more information.
Hi NZUrvan;

I am from Spain, and what I can tell you is that Nissan Spanish Dealers discontinued Patrol in 2008.

As far as I know, Nissan Patrol ZD30 Di fulfills Euro3 regulations where it is not necessary to have a DPF, then in 2007 started Euro4, which may require DPF but it is not mandatory , and Nissan launched Nissan Patrol ZD30 CRD without DPF.
They could have sold them up to 2010 when Euro 5 started, which mandatory requires DPF for diesel engines. But as they sold few Patrols during 2007 Nissan decided not to bring any more Patrols to Spain from 2008.

From 2010 onwards the Patrol, as it is a ZD30 CRD without DPF, simply does not meet the emission requirements and it cannot be sell in Europe.

If in Australia you still buy Nissan Patrol CRD engine is either because your government decided not to conform with Euro 5 regulations or because Nissan introduced DPF in the Nissan Patrol what certainty I doubt.

Cheers

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
I can't find a EU Nissan website that even lists the Y61 Patrol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts