Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Have an 2005 GU with ZD30 and automatic...
When I hit pedal slow, it accelerates but cant hear any turbowhistle.... no kickdown is working, and if I floor it - its shuts down to like 800rpms and can rev for say 10 seconds ,then you can slowly accelerate.... wierd right??
No checkengine-light...
(only thing is STABI OFF that lights no matter what you do, and stereo lights up but doesnt work - probobaly nothing to do with anything but anyway :)
Have search this forum entire yesterday evening and was gonna try to change airfilter, dieselfilter and maybe the AirFlowSensor?

Am I wrong out?

Cheers //J

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Sounds like your throttle position sensor. Or it could be limp mode. Have you changed anything else recently ?

There are a few guides on here detailing how to fix it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gr
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing changed recently...
But shouldnt limp mode light the checkengine light?
Ok sounds good, what keywords should I search please?

Thanx/J

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Limp won't trigger the light. I know :) it just makes the car non responsive and limits your boost until you lift your foot and plant it again.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I would start with cleaning your maf sensor. Start with the easy things first :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Certainly sounds like a faulty TPS , sure do the easy stuff first......pull the MAF out and clean with MAF cleaner clean / check air and fuel filters and then all the obvious like air lines etc around the engine. If all this doesnt fix it then changethe TPS, this is not a hard job, if you know someone that has a vehicle same as yours you could try the TPS from the other vehicle before spending $

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
In the zd archives is a post on how to clean your tps.worth a shot after you do everything suggested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts