Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question am if i can source a cheap 3ltr from a newer model patrol (CRD motor) can it be a straight swap in for the older Direct Injection motor? 2005 GUIV model? 5speed manual

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,614 Posts
Just a quick question am if i can source a cheap 3ltr from a newer model patrol (CRD motor) can it be a straight swap in for the older Direct Injection motor? 2005 GUIV model? 5speed manual
Probably not! While the engine dimensions might be identical, the electrics are not. So the engine electrical side might need some rearrangement.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Straight swap?...
No, different electronics and not sure exactly which model but the intercooler mounting method changed at some point in the ZD30 evolution as well.
Also the guru's may know for sure but is the fuel plumbing etc the same to the Fuel Pumps ?

Easy Conversion?...
Well a damn sight easier than a different manuf engine or TD42.

Why would you want to do it?...
Hmmm... Why you contemplating the swap, Pointless?

·
Registered
nissan
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Straight swap?...
No, different electronics and not sure exactly which model but the intercooler mounting method changed at some point in the ZD30 evolution as well.
Also the guru's may know for sure but is the fuel plumbing etc the same to the Fuel Pumps ?

Easy Conversion?...
Well a damn sight easier than a different manuf engine or TD42.

Why would you want to do it?...
Hmmm... Why you contemplating the swap, Pointless?
The engine thats in it at the moment has given up... I come across one and thought it could work out to be a cheaper and maybe better option then fully rebuilding the motor thats in it...

Its a complete motor except the radiator...

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Fair enough... you will have to make sure you also get the electronics thats for certain.

Does your GU have the two mounting struts running from the firewall to the radiator bulkhead to mount the Intercooler?... dunno that all GU's were set up that way?

I'll hand over to the more mechanically minded for the issues (if any) fo the fuel plumbing to the different pump etc. My fuel primer is a rubber bulb for a starter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.