Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2001 GUII zd30 manual with 350,000kms on the clock. I had the original engine (with no modifications) rebuilt at 263,000kms due to the head cracking in 5 spots! When the new motor went in I changed to a single mass clutch, 3 inch exhaust and cross country intercooler and boost gauge fitted.
I have not one issue since the new motor was put in and yesterday I came out of a roundabout and the patrol lost all its power and would not start.
Checked all fuses etc and could not find anything that was out of the ordinary. I then took off the intercooler and cracked the injector lines to see if i could bleed the lines and i didnt get any fuel up which is a concern.
I looked up on this site last night for some more info and went out this morning to have another look. Bolted the intercooler back on and did the blink code test and I got 0505 which is no fault detected which surprised me. I could then hear a high pitched noise coming from behind the firewall / glovebox. It dissappeared when disconnecting the battery but comes back when battery is reconnected.
Is there anything I might have missed or hopefully someone has had the same problem. The car just turns over but wont kick in. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
nissan
171 Posts
sounds like maybe the injector pump.... From what I have read when the injector pump stops... It just stops..... The Patrol guru's on here will correct me if I am wrong, but if you not getting fuel up to the lines than this could be your issue. When was the last time you changed your fuel filter

·
Registered
779 Posts
Try your other key, failing that, the pump needs a power and earth supply and the 'CAN' wiring to have repeater resistors at each end of 120ohms. If you have all that, with a good fuel supply to it and no engine condition issues, the fault is not on the vehicle. It then sounds like a pump issue.

I would get the codes read properly, rather than using the blink method.

Andy

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,538 Posts
I read this a hundred bloody times when I approved it, I didn't reply because what throws me is the disconnecting of the battery and the high pitched noise from near the glovebox he associates with the fault. Yes it sounds like IP otherwise but damn I can't think of what would cause any noise like that with an association to IP, unless there are electronic bits behind the glove box I don't know about.

X2 on getting codes read correctly just in case.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,538 Posts
Isn't the immobiliser module mounted up behind the glovebox?

Could be, I thought it was in the DS kick panel or maybe I'm thinking of the Cruise control module.

But it should be throwing a 1400 series of codes if it's NATS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts