·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day All

I dont know if anyones tried this, but because of my adventurous behaviour
i have come up with my own diobolical plan to fix my glow plug issue

... but i would like someone to iether call me crazy or help me decide if it do-able.

My 2005 patrol has done the "melted injector" trick, apparently my GPT was staying on too long?

Can i some how eliminate all power and control to the glow plugs, Can i run my own custom harness with switches and L.E.D activations lights Etc.. so i can run my glow plugs and know 100% when there is power and when there is no power.

i have done this many times on my old Rodeo, Landcruiser ute, and Hilux BUT i have heard little stories about the GU Patrol ZD30 glow plugs being special in some way

cheers in advance guys, :driving:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
glow plug wiring

G'day All

I dont know if anyones tried this, but because of my adventurous behaviour
i have come up with my own diobolical plan to fix my glow plug issue

... but i would like someone to iether call me crazy or help me decide if it do-able.

My 2005 patrol has done the "melted injector" trick, apparently my GPT was staying on too long?

Can i some how eliminate all power and control to the glow plugs, Can i run my own custom harness with switches and L.E.D activations lights Etc.. so i can run my glow plugs and know 100% when there is power and when there is no power.

i have done this many times on my old Rodeo, Landcruiser ute, and Hilux BUT i have heard little stories about the GU Patrol ZD30 glow plugs being special in some way

cheers in advance guys,

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,557 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry i thought i had it in the wrong spot so i put it in the elec one...cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,557 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,557 Posts
A brief explanation on the ZD30 DI glow plugs (info is inside the threads I linked also) from cold the glowplugs switch on through the relay and stay on for 5 minutes or until the engine temo has risen to around 75c. We fit these timers and set them up for 30 seconds, that is what mine is and there have been no issues. Some guy's fit a simple switch but sometimes you forget and next thing you know your wondering why it doesn't start.

I have a 12v LED just under the steering wheel that is hooked up to my Glow Plug Busbar on the engine and I can plainly see whenever the glow plugs are on, I have found this to be a very reliable, cheap way of knowing what the GP's are doing all the time, it's shown in my build thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts