Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone just after any ideas as to why my patrol has just decided to go into limp mode no matter what boost I'm running 5psi-16psi it was running 16psi for a about 3 months then out of the blue limp mode, I'm fairly new to whole diesel thing, from what I've read on this forum looks like it could be MAF related??

2001 gu wagon
Zd30 260000k's
N.A.D.S
Snorkel

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
How aggressive is your spool up? Try opening your needle valve a tad.

We run jvdm to control limp, there are some good threads on it.. I was working on enhancements today.

You may like to clean your maf sensor with some contact cleaner, it might get you out of trouble sooner.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU III ST
50 Posts
New MAF sensor will fix it. It did for me. I kept mine sparkling but still fubar. Genuine on eBay for $165

·
Registered
nissan
95 Posts
Well after trying various things i still cant get rid of the damn limp mode in my car, new Maf x 2 just to make sure it wasnt a dodgy first one, dropped the boost also still no good, damned if i know.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
127 Posts
Have you tried adjusting your needle valve? As Dronus said aggressive spool up can throw it into limp.

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Hey its not you're fuel filter is it, mine was like it was hitting limp but it was a blocked fuel filter? If you haven't changed it lately it may be worth a shot.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I'd say it's the spool up still so slow that down.

If you would like to give the jvdm a go I might be pulling mine out soon and selling it.

You can use it to identify and time out the limp

Padded from my LG-D855 using Padatalk.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU4 2006 with Cummins ISDE4.5 270HP , 830 NM Engine Conversion
2,167 Posts
i think you have somewhere leaking... could be the needle valve itself , check the spring inside it also.....check all the hoses/ pipes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts