Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my sister just picked up my patrol for me after it had some work done (Im incapacitated at the moment) and she is worried about a oil leak. I wasn't to bothered but thought I'd ask what you guys think. This was after a 100km drive on the freeway.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
472 Posts
Hey guys my sister just picked up my patrol for me after it had some work done (Im incapacitated at the moment) and she is worried about a oil leak. I wasn't to bothered but thought I'd ask what you guys think. This was after a 100km drive on the freeway.
Cheers
Gday mate that doesn't look nice hey, what work was done on it? And did it have a leak before work was done?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gday mate that doesn't look nice hey, what work was done on it? And did it have a leak before work was done?
Had a few things patched up in the engine bay after a fan belt smashed a few things. Yeah its always leaked but they gave everything a clean and fixed a few leaks afaik. I haven't been able to talk to them yet. It always dripped from a hose that came down near the turbo (always thought it was a drain/breather for the turbo)

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
472 Posts
Had a few things patched up in the engine bay after a fan belt smashed a few things. Yeah its always leaked but they gave everything a clean and fixed a few leaks afaik. I haven't been able to talk to them yet. It always dripped from a hose that came down near the turbo (always thought it was a drain/breather for the turbo)
Im sure a couple of the guys here will be able to direct you in the right path, best thing to do to start is wash engine bay and monitor after every drive to see where it may be leaking from.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree, I’d give the engine a good degrease and monitor it closely to try and pin point the origin.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
07 Black Patrol 3.0 / 04 Grey 3.0 Patrol / 01 3.0 Patrol
1,583 Posts
Most common causes of oil leaks are mostly always Injector seals or Glow plugs seals. To access these Remove intercooler and throttle body and undo the injection lines, they will feel tight so you will need to push them back a little to remove the injector seals with a flat large screwdriver,prise them out easy from the head and evenly.
You will know straight away if either of these are the issue as you will see little pools of oil on top of the intake manifold which build up and flow down along engine.While you are in that far it would be wise to check the condition of the Glow plugs👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts