Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ZD30 performs great on first real Hard 4by in Vic High Country

Just a quick note that the troll after all the work and rebuild and NADS and support from many members on here out performed "cough... cough... the 4.2's Patrols and Landcruiser at Mt Disappointment. "And by there own admissions!" :bowdown:

The KM2 tires are just awesome providing maximum grip through step rutted endless hill climbs. On one big climb where everyone had massive trouble,( cliff hanging and sliding sideways) I was accused of having front lockers as I went up without issue just flexed it's brains out 2 wheeling a few times as my front tires both rotated when they were in the air. I haven't put any lockers in. I cant explain why the front tires both grabbed seemingly like they are auto lockers? if anyone can explain I am all ears.

Unfortunately, Mt disappointment lived up to her name by claiming 4 side wall puncture on the first track for the 2 Hiluxs and 1 Patrol 4.2 with 35 Mickys. Plugged all 3 4bys and they limped home but not the Patrol 4.2 We plugged her and she kept going... lol

Great day and I love my troll even more now

Thanks Patrol 4x4 forum members again for all your support and advice. I'm just stocked:victory:

Attachments

Reactions: Little squirrel

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bring it on!:D Like I said It was by there own admission
Oh hail:bowdown: to the ZD30 Hail:bowdown:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,333 Posts
Get ready for the backlash... "Out performed a 4.2....."
Haha terra this is going to be a good one i'll just sit back and watch the fireworks aswell:D

P.S sounds like you had a good trip GU Bundy glad the patrol went well.

·
ZD30 Out - L77 In!
nissan patrol
3,345 Posts
Great stuff GU Bundy!
Good to hear they perform well in the real world and not just on paper.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well Done

I went from the TD42 to the ZD30 and was worried what it'd be like when I took it bush. I was even more worried when on the my first outting there was a GU with massive lift and grouse sounding V8 under bonnet.
The first big hill we came to the V8 GU went up and was all over the place sliding and looking for traction, I'm really worried at this stage, but to my delight the little ZD30 walked up past the V8.
Nice to hear a similar story.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hi there

In my opinion the ZD30's do well off road, in low range you dont notice the boost lag, and it just pulls. The only things I dont like about it in low range is the super sensitive gas pedal (manual) and the higher than would be liked first gear.

Glad you had a great outing and that the ZD30 came up trumps.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
You're either very short, or too young to have your license ;)

Nice one dude! Too much power (a la V8s) is no good. Too little (a la 4.2s) is also no good ;)

Flame suit to the ready!

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,957 Posts
Mic. . . . power is good. . . . cheap is also good. . . if it lasts,

good on ya bud. good to hear a happy zd30 owner.

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Now what are you going to do? You've gone and used all your good luck on the one trip.:razz:

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now what are you going to do? You've gone and used all your good luck on the one trip.:razz:
No luck at all ,duck tapped the pin in... :driving:( flame suit is zipped up).

One of the key things with the ZD30 over the 4.2's is just shear motor brilliants.

Unfortunately the 4.2's should have bowed out with the dinosaurs. The 4.2 was a great motor in the early Bus's..:oops:

Na... fellas... I was just as aprehensive....as "LBD" put it perfectly, as I too, was once a 4.2 man. Now I'm a ZD30 Giant:D

Graham99, I tend to agree with the super sensitive gas peddle, however I found by resting my foot to one side I was able to feather the "super powered ZD30" up through the ruts even when airborne and being heaved from one side to the other... Try that and see if it helps.

Finally thanks for the kind words all especially from Jacket_85.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Mic. . . . power is good. . . . cheap is also good. . . if it lasts,

good on ya bud. good to hear a happy zd30 owner.
Hush... Just a little dig mate ;) I know power is good. And with the ZD30 you get both...kinda:D...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts