Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
drove to work today and car was running great no smoke and all that stopped at the lights went to take off and I though I had put it in third so moved the gears to wear first was and put my foot down and she was fine went into second and she died lost all power so back out and back into second and she was fine but did the same in third got to the next lights in neutral tried to give her a rev and nothing just stayed at 1000rpm took the Foot off and put back on and she reved freely got to work and i couldn't get her to move in second just sat at 1000rpm and no boost put her in first and had power boost and all that tried second again an nothing.. Parked it up and will be going back to it around 6 tonight...

Any thoughts I just cleaned the maf maybe 2000kms ago with oil change cleaned out the intercooler and all piping I have boost and egt gauges but all read fine so I'm stumped hoping its not the fuel pump I changed the fuel filter aswell but it's been driving fine for ages

Ok so I got back to it after work still with the same issues
I have figured out it only does it when changing up gears not down and only does it in 2nd 3rd 4th an 5th gear. To fix the issue I just have to double clutch every time so into forth I have the foot down and then I loose power so put the clutch in rev it alittle and let the clutch out again and she's fine there's no issues on start up or idle and no issues in first so at this point it must be electrical due to the engine running fine so hoping it's the maf if anyone could give me ideas it would be helpful. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
35 Posts
hi, i have the same sort of issue but with auto. started about two months ago, when cold i would take of and all of a sudden power loss lift and reapply power and would then be fine. But today it started doing it all the time. BUGGER

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Overboost

hi, i have the same sort of issue but with auto. started about two months ago, when cold i would take of and all of a sudden power loss lift and reapply power and would then be fine. But today it started doing it all the time. BUGGER
What you describe is overboost.

Check your MAF voltages & clean or replace the MAF if its stuffed.

Have you read the Aksniss reference doc at the top of the GU section?

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/niss...ference-document-zd30-owners-look-here-31418/

·
Registered
nissan
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so it's been around a week been working a lot so no time to spend on the troll... went over everything today in the engine bay no split vacume hose's or intercooler hoses to be seen. So i would say it's a failed maf.. took it for a drive and it was still having issues went to bunnings grabed some stuff and headed home.. when i restarted the troll it was fine.... no issue to be seen drove great.. then went to head out to get dinner and the issue had reared it's ugly head once again.. not good when you live in the mountains :/ anyway i'm led to believe that i do have a failed maf... guess it's time to get a new one.

·
Registered
nissan
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i decided to manually read errors just to make sure it was my maf playing up before changing it.

ended up with four errors.

0203 Accelerator Position Switch (incorrect signal sent to ECM)
Accelerator Position Switch fault or ECM failure

0403 Accelerator Position Sensor
(out of range signal received from sensor or switch assembly)
Circuit malfunction, Accelerator Position Sensor failure,
Accelerator Pedal Dual Contact Position Switch failure, ECM failure

0905 Turbo Pressure
Circuit malfunction, Charge Air Pressure Sensor failure

and 1401 nissan anti theft system.

so i decided to clean all contact points up front as i have no idea where the positon sensor or switch for the accelerator is.. :rolleyes: cleared all faulst and removed the battery to reset the ecu... waited a few hours and now she drives fine... time will tell if the issues arise again later on... just wondering if anyone could guide me to where the accelerator sensor/switch is so i can give it a clean if possible..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts