Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

thought this the most relevant forum to post this on. I have a spare belt in the back of my wagon - it was under a seat when i bought it. The belt is a mitsubishi belt, multi V, part No. on it is a bit worn but i can read ZPK1640 which i assume is the multi V type and the length. There are 7 little V's across the belt.

Any experts advise if it is a suitable spare for my engine or should i get another before my next trip? Also - if it is no good and it was left there for some other prupose, whats the best place to get spare belt, nissbits on here or is there a generally accepted aftermarket belt that is superior?

Searching just brings up a whole lot of hurt on this topic...

Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey Marty, thanks mate I reckon it does as looking closer mine actually says 7PK1640, not Z like i thought. So mine seems to be 2mm longer which im sure is no problem.

Anyone comment on maybe the mitsi belt is perceived as better quality, or maybe a **** load cheaper as OEM?

·
Registered
757 Posts
I found it best to replace the belt with an OM version as when i used the aftermarket type i had nothing but squeeling belts.
2mm will make a lot of diffrence on the belt thats what i was told was wrong with the aftermarket ones they are a little longer than factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts