Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, am about to replace thermostat as the gauge is fluctuating on the high side of normal after I stupidly added radiator stop leak. I think this may have gummed up the thermostat. I'm also fitting a saas temp gauge as the autron ones are now owned by redarc and not being manufactured until at least November. I'm trying to locate the sender for the factory gauge. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Its near the top, on the pasenger (left) side front of the engine.

It's usually hidden under the cable loom.

I have an aftermarket gauge I put in years ago, I used the saas top hose adapter, but it will read quite different to actual temps there as I found out after with my ECUTalk, about 6-10 degrees in fact.

After My ECUtalk went in, I don't even look at my aftermarket temp guage now...I may as well take it off and sell it.:)

Edit: Wish ECUtalk read boost so I could take my aftermarket boost gauge off and sell it :)

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Make sure you get a full cooling system flush too.. That stuff can be nasty...

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ECUtalk. Ok that's new to me. How where and how much ?

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
System flush will be done next week as I leave for Canberra Sunday night for work. And no, I'm not driving the patrol down.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
Ecutalk.com

Awesome bit of kit .. I don't look at my temp gauge either, plus it has lots of other really useful stuff on it too.

Reactions: motomuzz

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who did you get to fit it ? Or can you do it yourself ?

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks dronus. Just checked the website and will look into what connector I have and find out about purchasing a unit.

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where did you end up mounting the screen ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Mine is on the steering column, in a way that it doesn't affect my dash view much, along with a lot of guys on here :)

PM Newkleer on here. Once you get it you wont regret it. I don't watch anything else but it now...oh and the road of course :)

RPM
Speed
IP
MAFv
Coolant Temp
Fuel Temp

And fault code reading, set temp alarm, speed alarm, RPM alarm

Dang its good kit now I think of it.:)

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks motomuzz. I haven't been on the forums for a while. The poor patrol has been a bit neglected of late as work has me interstate a great deal. I replaced the engine last May and am really worried about leaks and temp changes. Don't want to lunch a $5500 engine because of a thermostat.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Yes good idea.

ECUTalk displays what your ECU is seeing at the senders...so it makes sense to ditch the ol aftermarket gauges and have one centrepiece..to a point.

Auber EGT gauge the exception:)

cheers

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's a rather large unit. I have replaced my stereo with a single din and have a space above it. I might be able to mount it there.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Hmmmm na not really that big

L=140mm H=50mm D=30mm

Looks like it will fit ya space where the Double Din was...I just did a quick measure.

You really want it in quick glance eye view though bud, you might have trouble reading "side on" it as its Display screen.

better Pic--->

Velcro tape... still see all the danger lights, MIL etc.

Easy.:)

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok cool. How long did it take to arrive ? And do you happen to know where the sender is for the factory gauge. I tried the one near the wiring loom pax side front of engine. Disconnected it with engine off but warm and the gauge still registered. So that's not the one I'm after.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
um I was on back order with Pete (newkleer) but from memory was about 3 weeks.. worth it!

Hmmm I thought that was the one bud. Have a look see with the search button up the top of screen.

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There are two senders. One for the gauge and one for ecu. I think the one at the front is the ecu sender. I have a sneaking suspicious the one I want is on the block near the starter motor in a real bugger of a place to get to.

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The second pic you sent is much better for the size. Looks good actually.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
There are two senders. One for the gauge and one for ecu. I think the one at the front is the ecu sender. I have a sneaking suspicious the one I want is on the block near the starter motor in a real bugger of a place to get to.

Yeh bugger. Its always the way nothing is easy ;) which way do you travel for work? North or South

1 - 20 of 26 Posts