Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
HI,
i own ZD30 2001 model and i have the opportunity to buy a CRD (2008 ) that got off the road due to an accident,

i would like to take the ZD30 body and put it on the CRD chassis (with the full power train, axles and etc.)

can you guys help me understand what this exchange will required from me?

are the body mounts will be a perfect fit or i will need to adjust it?

will i need to use the CRD electric Power strip or can i use the ZD electric Power strip?

if i will need to replace the electric power strip, is it complicated (will i need to cut and weld wires or its just a bolt on?

are there any other issues that i need to expect?

Thanks for your help:)

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
To my knowledge what you plan is quite doable, we have had a few CRD into DI conversions but you will need the complete CRD wiring loom including ECU and you will need to use the CRD fuel filter system as well. Pretty much everything else is basically the same. There could be an issue with NATS though depending on what parts of the ignition you use.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

·
Registered
nissan
86 Posts
Going through the post it looks like he's talking about putting the body of the old one onto the chassis of the new one. Presumably this means leaving the engine in the new chassis? Along with all the other running gear?

I'm not sure whether that's been done before! Would certainly be an experience. I can't imagine it being a problem, considering the similarities between the old body and the new body, but you would have to measure the location of the old and new body mounts.

What do you mean by a power strip?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi
Yes you are right, I leave the engine and the other running ger.
I meant if my Electrical connections, suitable for the crd engine&ecu?
Thanks

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GU4 2006 with Cummins ISDE4.5 270HP , 830 NM Engine Conversion
2,115 Posts
take your time to remove the complete harness from the CRD body to yours. it should work.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
take your time to remove the complete harness from the CRD body to yours. it should work.
EdZackery, this is what I was saying in my earlier post, spelling it out simply he will need the CRD harness and ECU fitted to the DI shell to effectively do the swap. The engine swap has been done by a few guy's in the last few years, doing the body swap is a different method but the same conditions still apply. His problem "may" be in NATS if he's not careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts