Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

ZD30 to TD42 engine mount adapters

18K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  Patrold 
#1 ·
G'day

Not looking to start heated arguments over what's better just a informative kinda thing.

As title states I have just completed a zd30 to td42 engine conversion long weekend just gone using 100% bolt in engine mount adapters.

Donor vehicle my 99 coil cab gq Ute and we put the td42 it into my 05 gu4 st-l using gq crossmember, no need to get into the nitty gritty of the conversion plenty of outher threads out there for that.

Here's a few pics what do ya recon of the mounts? It was a massive time and root around saver for me beeing my daily driver

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Wish we knew there was such a thing.
The other wknd we ripped my cousins zd out and put in a silver top. We had the complete donor car so the mounts were cut off that and welded in.
Phil reckons in total, to cut to mounts off the donor, cut the zd mounts off the gu and re weld to mounts would have been nearly 5-6h worth.
He wouldn’t take the guard off the 5” though... that cost him some time.

Reactions: grumpyone
#4 ·
Given the distance apart between the ZD and TD mounts, and that the TD is the best part of 400kgs, I’d be gobsmacked if an engineer would approve that, I wouldn’t do it in a pink fit to my own car!

If it was a car I was planning to keep I’d want it done properly.

#9 ·
the only thing would be my concern with that mount is the longevity of the rubber mount.
I had the impression that the adaptor was all steel and was bolted to a stock engine mount which could easily be replaced. You might be right though, it might be a modified mount bolted to a steel adaptor bracket and future engine mount replacement will require modified mounts.

#11 ·
G'day
This is the mob I got the kit from

There down in Beenleigh qld I do not think the kit is listed on there website as I got a whisper through a friend that they were manufacturing them.

When I called them to chase up more info they were more than helpful explaining everything to me how there made R&D testing and what not.

Seemed to back there product %100 as they have been using these adapters for 5 years i think he said but I guess only time will tell so far so good

#25 ·
G'day
This is the mob I got the kit from

There down in Beenleigh qld I do not think the kit is listed on there website as I got a whisper through a friend that they were manufacturing them.

When I called them to chase up more info they were more than helpful explaining everything to me how there made R&D testing and what not.

Seemed to back there product %100 as they have been using these adapters for 5 years i think he said but I guess only time will tell so far so good
Held up good? considering them for my gu

#15 ·
Hey Crobbo23,

what came came with these mounts ? eg the std engine mounts, brackets to existing mounts on engine or is it complete from bolting to old zd30 chassis mounts to each side of the block?
looking to do this swap with a TD42Ti i just obtained with 102,000 klms :)

Thanks

#16 ·
Hey Crobbo23,

what came came with these mounts ? eg the std engine mounts, brackets to existing mounts on engine or is it complete from bolting to old zd30 chassis mounts to each side of the block?
looking to do this swap with a TD42Ti i just obtained with 102,000 klms :)

Thanks
Im a little jealous of what you just obtained.

also interested in these brackets.

#20 ·