Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have completed the engine conversion but have realised the a/c probably wont work because the a/c relay is controlled by the ZD30 ecm, which is no longer in the vehicle. How did you get around this??

I am taking the wagon to work tonight and hopfully will get the time to put some gas in it and see what happens and have a play with it some more.

Vehicle is a 2001, GUII ST. Engine is a TD42T out of a 1999 GU ST ute.

If anyone has any questions about the conversion or needs help, I am more than happy to help.

Nath

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
Could you setup a standalone relay?

·
Registered
nissan
145 Posts
If the ECU for the TD42T is original, then you can use the same wire right? Its just a signal to engage the clutch.

Not sure how if you wire it up to the TD42T would there be any issues...

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
Ironically enough I was driving my TD4.2T today (as I do everyday for work) but the traffic was absolutely sh*t as Brisbane drivers freak out when it starts to rain and have accidents and freak out. It may have something to do with the sh*t roads pooling water. but anyway, I was sitting idling away when the window started to fog so turned on the A/C and felt the accelerator drop a little. turned it off and it came back. The RPM also rose by about 50 to 100 rpm. Thought that it was odd that a mechnical pump cable accelerator would do that when A/C was turned on. Would there be something that would give a little more throttle with A/C on, on the 4.2's. In the 3's I would imagine the ECU would compensate.

just wondered and something to think about.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
Ironically enough I was driving my TD4.2T today (as I do everyday for work) but the traffic was absolutely sh*t as Brisbane drivers freak out when it starts to rain and have accidents and freak out. It may have something to do with the sh*t roads pooling water. but anyway, I was sitting idling away when the window started to fog so turned on the A/C and felt the accelerator drop a little. turned it off and it came back. The RPM also rose by about 50 to 100 rpm. Thought that it was odd that a mechnical pump cable accelerator would do that when A/C was turned on. Would there be something that would give a little more throttle with A/C on, on the 4.2's. In the 3's I would imagine the ECU would compensate.

just wondered and something to think about.
the td42s have a little vacume diaphram which when the a/c is turned on pulls a lever on the injector pump where the throttle cable is attatched , basicly it self accelerates a little to maintain rpm

·
Buy the Patrol Back
nissan patrol
1,460 Posts
why do people convert zd30's to td42's?;)

-yes im being obnoxious, -its the scotch.:D
Cause they are retarded ? Like people who drink to much scotch and post on forums....

Rule number 1 when drunk hide the KB

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
the td42s have a little vacume diaphram which when the a/c is turned on pulls a lever on the injector pump where the throttle cable is attatched , basicly it self accelerates a little to maintain rpm
Ahh, that would explain it. Thought it would be something to bring up the throttle just didn't know what.

·
Registered
nissan
458 Posts
What gearbox did you use for this conversion and what engine mount setup did you run.

Cheers, Shane

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
why do people convert zd30's to td42's?;)

-yes im being obnoxious, -its the scotch.:D
same reason 4.2 owners sell their 4.2s and buy a mule... not simple enough for their simple mind ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts