Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

About to start doing the conversion. My car is a 01 GUII ZD30 wagon and the doner car is a 99 GU Ute.

I am wondering whats the easiest way to adapt the TD42T to the ZD30 wiring harness. I want to avoid changing harnesses as im guessing that would be a huge job. I am generally pretty good with electronics (plant mechanic by trade) but have not yet seen any detailed wiring diagrams on the two vehicles so dont really know the differences.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nath.

·
Registered
nissan
645 Posts
Do you have a Gregory's or Haynes Workshop Manual? If not Buy one. I have one (I buy one for every car I have owned) and they are very informative. As for wiring the TD42T there shouldn't be much more than glow plugs, temp sensor, oil pressure and starter. The 99 didn't have the intercooler so it wouldn't have the piggy back fuel controller on top of the fuel pump - one less thing to worry about.
My only concern would be that the ZD30 ECU would probably spit chips with most of it's sensors disconnected, If it were possible I would ditch it too. That being said, you may need to do some loom changes... as well as dash cluster, depending on the differences in the way they worked.

Haynes manual will help in wire identification.

Cheers
Azza

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
267 Posts
I too would like to know this as im doing the same thing in the same car, 01 3ltr wagon, except i dont have a 4.2 loom, im using a aftermarket glow plug relay and timer and just going to try and graft the temp and oil sensors to make the dash work and hopefully remove the stuff i dont need

should be a fun job!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts