Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu111
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a helping hand! I am having problems with ZD30 going into limp mode, have all nad's - read loads on forum and spent all day yesterday trying to fix it - is there anyone in the Townsville to Cairns (preferably)area who can help - I'm not all that techy and would prefer to take the old girl to somebody who understands the intricacies of the ZD30 with nad's. Heading off to WA in three weeks and getting desperate. TomB

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
No experts around at the moment so I'll add my comment, the first place I would start is with the MAF, if you have been running well and all of a sudden it fails there are a few simple causes and this is one. MAF's don't live forever, they get dirty and they fail, they are easy to clean if dirt is the issue (I clean mine every 10,000k whether it needs it or not). There are ways to check your MAF with a multimetre.

What year is yours so we know the type of MAF you have? You say you have full NADS, can you describe exactly what you have. The other problem that occurs is leaks in boost or vacuum lines upsetting the equilibrium.

Sorry don't know anyone in your area I'd trust.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu111
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response Geetoyou.
I think I've found the problem ... there seems to be is a leak in the boost gauge. Had a mechanic mate in the car who said he could hear an air leak ... my hearing aint what it used to be! disconnected and clamped the air line to the gauge and hey presto no more limp mode! Gauge was an el cheepo temporary which became permanent - that'll teach me!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts