Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,

I know this is probably stupid but I'm gonna ask it.

Can/how to get the flutter sound from the zd30 turbo.

My little brother has a new model triton and it dies it and he is always going on about it
I just want to know if i can make my 3L flitter at all... And Yes i know its not good
For the turbo...

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,168 Posts
Hey guys and gals,

I know this is probably stupid but I'm gonna ask it.

Can/how to get the flutter sound from the zd30 turbo.

My little brother has a new model triton and it dies it and he is always going on about it
I just want to know if i can make my 3L flitter at all... And Yes i know its not good
For the turbo...
Mine gets a distinct whistle, especially when backing off from 2500rpm down to 1500rpm (if I drove around carparks like Dronus it would be deafening :rolleyes:). I'm assuming this is what you refer to, you definitely don't want it fluttering on the way up.

Mine became louder after I did the IC conversion years ago but then took another jump recently when I did my airbox mod and went 3" from airbox to turbo.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I'm looking bigger intake pipe and what type of IC did you go? Im looking at a cross country one

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I have a 2 3/4" beadesert exhaust, highflow outlaw cat and no other mufflers. HPD intercooler.
That vid was with the windows up and on my dashcam. If I accelerate and release the pedal it gives a quite loud beeeeooooowwwwwww noise. I think it sounds cool.
I also have very tight control of the vanes in my turbo which I think might contribute.

I should make another video with the windows open... Might do that tonight if I remember..

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I recorded some on my phone but can't seem to upload it. I'll get more on vid and put it on youtube

1 - 11 of 11 Posts