Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1673 Posts

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,201 ·
Cheers for that. Mine are the 5 to 7 inch versions so not sure if they do them. I'm sure they do.

So you expecting big things from it??
From the new arms? I wouldn't say huge things, not going to gain anymore suspension travel than my old superflex arms or anything, but the whole thing should ride a shlt load nicer, longer flatter arms with the 80 series's rear bush.

·
Premium Member
nissan gu td42ti
4,665 Posts
Aah. That's what I needed to hear. Not gonna work for me. My wheels are pretty offset and throw into the guard off road already.

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,205 ·
Aah. That's what I needed to hear. Not gonna work for me. My wheels are pretty offset and throw into the guard off road already.
Come on mate, not like you to back away from a something that needs lots of ****ing around to set up ;)

·
Premium Member
nissan gu td42ti
4,665 Posts
I kind of cant see the point in upgrading to something that will give more headaches like pushing the dif forward or guard cutting. i got mine to drive really nicely with zero lift superflex arms but the big drop boxes so that they sit perfectly flat like factory. No need to fix it if it aint broke.

Were your old flex arms the lifted version or zero stock height? never been a fan of the lifted flex arms. Always theorised that they would throw alot of the driving behavior off. not to mention a rougher ride.

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,208 ·
I kind of cant see the point in upgrading to something that will give more headaches like pushing the dif forward or guard cutting. i got mine to drive really nicely with zero lift superflex arms but the big drop boxes so that they sit perfectly flat like factory. No need to fix it if it aint broke.

Were your old flex arms the lifted version or zero stock height? never been a fan of the lifted flex arms. Always theorised that they would throw alot of the driving behavior off. not to mention a rougher ride.
Haha fair enough mate.

My old ones where 5" lifted arms. They drive a shiload better than the caster plates I had on when I bought the car lol.

Drop boxes and std height arms are a good combo.

·
Elmo
Nissan
4,899 Posts
lol that is all...

From 16/04/2013

Attachments

Reactions: Pineapple man

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Hmm I question the detail of that last post

·
Premium Member
nissan gu td42ti
4,665 Posts
I question what Deccer's last tab on that picture is. "How to deal with........"
Only cause I'm a nosey Parker lol.

Oh the things I can think of Lololol.

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,213 ·
Been busy last few months, after a long sad break from the road lol

Wagon was getting a bit ugly lookin, bit of panel damage, put it on its side, bent some **** haha. So decided it was time for a birthday.

Bought a roller 06 GU ute off a mate, stripped it down bare.

Sourced some GUIV panels and front end

Cut some rust out of the new cab, and welded in some donor bits from the wagon. Every little bit of rust I could find got cut out.

Did some trimming for new shocks prior to paint.

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,216 ·
In between this and that the wagon body got chopped up and removed ready for some chassis work.

Had to cut my doors off as a pesky rock broke my door handle lol

last little stretch before removal

cut it in half so it was easier to remove, also wanted to keep the front cut complete for easy of the conversion, side by side dash swap etc

then got the chassis in the shed

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,217 ·
make up some templates and got some bits and pieces laser cut out.

started on the rear end first, cut the old lower arms out and fitted a Superior Engineering long arm kit, great kit has all you need ready to go so install was easy, especially without a cab on haha

Hard to see but I also made up a 6mm skid plate to go under the new lower arm mount, as they tend to get all bent and smashed up on rocks etc

Fitted a Currie antirock rear swaybar

We also made up a rear shock hoop, raised my upper shock mounts 120mm.

Also lifted rear lowers, tucked up out the way. I worked out the mounts so at my intended ride height of 3" my shocks should sit at perfect midpoint giving me 6" up and down in the rear.

·
nissan
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,218 ·
Got some new 2.5 King smoothies, 10" front, 12" rear, and some 2.5 hydro bumps for the front, I shortened the travel to 3" so I'm not constantly hitting em over smaller bumps. Also got to fit a 2.0 king steering dampener I've had for a while. The idea of going to a dual bypass shock in the front crossed my mind way too many times but I slapped myself outta it haha. Got the optional compression adjusters, was dead set on not having them originally but is wasn't much extra so though meh what the hell.

Just started the front end last weekend, got most of it in just need some bracing.

Front also got some new Superior Hybrid radius arms, non-superflex for better handling, I did originally get superflex ones but changed my mind.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
Your loving that grinder mate haha. Awsome work she's going to be looking better then ever. Where's the treps at?

1201 - 1220 of 1673 Posts